You are here
Dead Lies Dreaming (Laundry Files #10) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Laundry Files series.
- #1: The Atrocity Archives (A Laundry Files Novel #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Jennifer Morgue (A Laundry Files Novel #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Fuller Memorandum (A Laundry Files Novel #3) (Mass Market): Not currently available
- #4: The Apocalypse Codex (A Laundry Files Novel #4) (Mass Market): Not currently available
- #5: The Rhesus Chart (A Laundry Files Novel #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: The Annihilation Score (A Laundry Files Novel #6) (Hardcover): Not currently available
- #7: The Nightmare Stacks (A Laundry Files Novel #7) (Hardcover): Not currently available
- #8: The Delirium Brief: A Laundry Files Novel (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: The Labyrinth Index (Laundry Files #9) (Hardcover): Not currently available
- #11: Escape from Puroland (Laundry Files #11) (Hardcover): $19.99
When magic and superpowers emerge in the masses, Wendy Deere is contracted by the government to bag and snag supervillains in Hugo Award-winning author Charles Stross' Dead Lies Dreaming: A Laundry Files Novel.
As Wendy hunts down Imp—the cyberpunk head of a band calling themselves “The Lost Boys”— she is dragged into the schemes of louche billionaire Rupert de Montfort Bigge. Rupert has discovered that the sole surviving copy of the long-lost concordance to the one true Necronomicon is up for underground auction in London. He hires Imp’s sister, Eve, to procure it by any means necessary, and in the process, he encounters Wendy Deere.
In a tale of corruption, assassination, thievery, and magic, Wendy Deere must navigate rotting mansions that lead to distant pasts, evil tycoons, corrupt government officials, lethal curses, and her own moral qualms in order to make it out of this chase alive.
About the Author
CHARLES STROSS is a full-time science fiction writer and resident of Edinburgh, Scotland. He has won three Hugo Awards for Best Novella, including for the Laundry Files tale “Equoid.” His work has been translated into over twelve languages. His novels include the bestselling Merchant Princes series, the Laundry series (including Locus Award finalist The Dilirium Brief), and several stand-alones including Glasshouse, Accelerando, and Saturn's Children.
Like many writers, Stross has had a variety of careers, occupations, and job-shaped catastrophes, from pharmacist (he quit after the second police stakeout) to first code monkey on the team of a successful dot-com startup (with brilliant timing, he tried to change employers just as the bubble burst) to technical writer and prolific journalist covering the IT industry. Along the way he collected degrees in pharmacy and computer science, making him the world’s first officially qualified cyberpunk writer.