You are here
Dead Beat (Dresden Files #7) (Paperback)
Usually arrives at our store in 2-8 business days.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Dresden Files series.
- #1: Storm Front (Dresden Files #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Grave Peril (Dresden Files #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Death Masks (Dresden Files #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Blood Rites (Dresden Files #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Proven Guilty (Dresden Files #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: White Night (Dresden Files #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Small Favor (Dresden Files #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Turn Coat (Dresden Files #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Changes (Dresden Files #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Ghost Story (Dresden Files #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Cold Days (Dresden Files #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Skin Game (Dresden Files #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Peace Talks (Dresden Files #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Battle Ground (Dresden Files #17) (Paperback): $9.99
“The wildest, strangest, best Dresden adventure to date...Butcher’s blending of modern fantasy with classic noir sensibilities ensures that there’s never a dull moment.”—SF Site
Paranormal investigations are Harry Dresden’s business and Chicago is his beat, as he tries to bring law and order to a world of wizards and monsters that exists alongside everyday life. And though most inhabitants of the Windy City don’t believe in magic, the Special Investigations Department of the Chicago PD knows better.
Karrin Murphy is the head of S. I. and Harry’s good friend. So when a killer vampire threatens to destroy Murphy’s reputation unless Harry does her bidding, he has no choice. The vampire wants the Word of Kemmler (whatever that is) and all the power that comes with it. Now, Harry is in a race against time—and six merciless necromancers—to find the Word before Chicago experiences a Halloween night to wake the dead...
About the Author
A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives mostly inside his own head so that he can write down the conversation of his imaginary friends, but his head can generally be found in Independence, Missouri. Jim is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera novels, and the Cinder Spires series, which began with The Aeronaut’s Windlass.
Praise for the Dresden Files
“Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and Tanya Huff will love this series.”—Midwest Book Review
“Superlative.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.”—Cinescape
“Butcher...spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally-charged setting. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harry’s wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.”—Booklist (starred review)
“What’s not to like about this series?...It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.”—SF Site
“A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Longtime series fans as well as newcomers drawn by the SciFi Channel’s TV series based on the novels should find this supernatural mystery a real winner.”—Library Journal
“What would you get if you crossed Spenser with Merlin? Probably you would come up with someone very like Harry Dresden, wizard, tough guy and star of [the Dresden Files].”—The Washington Times